Looking for a healthy, homemade snack? Give this chocolate, quinoa and nut balls recipe a go:
There are so many reasons why quinoa makes the perfect snack. It’s grain-free and contains eight amino acids, making it a complete protein. The benefits don’t stop there, either. It also has high levels of both vitamins E and B, as well as iron, zinc, potassium and calcium.
In my chocolate, quinoa and nut balls recipe I’ve used ‘popped quinoa.’ It’s crunchy, toasty-flavoured and healthy. I’ve also added peanut butter which is also a protein-rich food. The protein is also great for building and repairing muscles, which is especially important if you work out.
Serves 6-8 (20-25 balls)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
2 generous handfuls of Biofair Quinoa Pops
120g coconut oil
60g dark chocolate chips
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut cream
4 tbsp peanut butter
1. Melt the oil, chocolate and maple syrup in a medium saucepan over a low heat or briefly in the microwave. Once slightly cooled add the peanut butter and coconut cream.
2. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
3. Scoop out teaspoons and roll into balls, then roll in quinoa.
4. Place balls into mini muffin cases if desired.
5. Keep refrigerated and eat within a couple of days.