Never run out the door hungry and empty handed again! Instead, get a healthy serving of fiber, protein, and flavor from these quinoa muffin bites.
Looking for more than grains in a portable snack? You’re in the right place. Not only are these bites full of protein-packed quinoa, but they also include some of our favorite veggies: broccoli, carrots, and peppers. And just one bite satisfies your savory tooth, so you won’t be tempted to eat the entire batch.
This recipe is also extremely versatile. The eggs are meant to hold the mixture together, but you can omit them if you are looking for a lower-fat, vegan alternative. We also suggest mixing up veggies and adding some fruit for added variety!
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 1/4 cup red quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 cup shallots, diced
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 long green pepper, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Salt, pepper, and sweet paprika to taste
What to Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small pot, bring the mix of red and white quinoa and water to a boil, reduce the heat, close with a lid, and simmer until quinoa is light and fluffy (about 15 minutes). Set aside to cool.
Continue Reading here: http://greatist.com/eat/recipes/quinoa-muffin-bites